Sunday, December 20, 2009

How to: French Manicure



Hi girls, so I was experimenting yesterday and I came up with this French Manicure. The hand above is my friend’s but I also have it on my nails. She is a better nail model than me. It's very easy to achieve!

Products Used:
-OPI Natural Base Coat
-Essie Rock Candy Nail Polish
-NK Cosmetics Nail Polish with thin brush
-China Glaze Patent Leather Top Coat

Directions:
1. First I put the OPI Natural Base Coat on all of my nails. It provides a nice base and my nail polish doesn’t chip off easily. Sometimes when I get bored I try chipping my polish off, but I can’t because this base coat literally grips onto the color.
2. Next I put on two layers of Essie’s Rock Candy from the new winter collection. (Review coming soon). It’s like a pinky polish that is best for manicures.
3. Then I started with the tips. I grew my nails and then the white part shows a lot. I don’t file them or anything, but you can if you want to. I start by lining them with the thin brush and then just fill in the rest. You can also use those strips that come in curvy, zigzags, and straight as a guide line.
4. Finally, after all of that has dried, I put on the China Glaze Patent Leather Topcoat. It makes my nails very shiny. They really look like they are made of glass. Well anyone can do it, with some practice and a steady hand will do the trick.
Enjoy playing around with your nails now!

Disclaimer: I purchased everything with my own money. I am not being paid for this post, nor am I affiliated with any of the companies mentioned above. These are my opinions and aren’t influenced by anyone or any company.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
One Girl's Passion For Makeup. Template by Exotic Mommie Illustration by DaPino