Friday, April 30, 2010

Review: NEW OPI Shrek Forever After Collection for Spring/Summer 2010



Hey girls! It’s finally here. Attack of the GREEN OGRES! No, I’m just kidding ya, but today I do have a quite interesting review on nail polishes. They are from the new OPI Shrek Forever After Collection. This collection is set to release in May at all ULTA stores, OPI’s website, and other e-tailers like 8ty8beauty.com and transdesign.com as well as other beauty supply stores. As promised, I have shown pictures and swatches in separate posts. It will retail anywhere from $4-$9. Now, here’s the review with complete descriptions of all of the shades released with this collection.

Shade Descriptions:

-OPI Ogre-The-Top Blue: A true dark blue where it’s not too navy or too sky blue.
-OPI Who the Shrek Are You? : A booger colored green which is also a crème. It’s like a leaf colored green.
-OPI What’s with the Cattitude? : This is a pastel mix between sky blue and baby blue. It’s a very softened shade, but not exactly too light.
-OPI Funky Dunkey: A true softened purple. This is also a crème. It’s less dark and black than Lincoln Park After Dark.
-OPI Fiercely Fiona: It’s a softened pastel yellow/green that’s not too bright and perfect for spring in my opinion.
-OPI

Pro(s):
-Opaque in two coats.
-Exclusive pro-wide brush which makes application easier.
-Shelf life of 24 months after opening (I base it on consistency though)/
-Not too thin or thick consistency. Just right that makes it truly opaque.

Con(s):
-None found while testing this product!

Overall review: I just love this collection. Everything about it is really good and the fact that the color is so opaque in two coats is just amazing. In all of the swatches I used only two coats. All of the colors from this collection are really unique and worth purchasing. The good thing is that all of them are crèmes so you really won’t have a problem in terms of streakiness. I hope you all enjoyed my review because all of you had been emailing me 24/7 asking me to do this review!

Rating: 10/10 :)

Is it VICKY approved? : Yup, I definitely love everything!

*Disclosure:
-A sample product was provided for testing.
-We never accept any form of payment for a review.
-Our reviews are always honest.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
One Girl's Passion For Makeup. Template by Exotic Mommie Illustration by DaPino